Saturday 16 June 2012

I have finished honestly!

I've gone and done it again, when will I ever learn? Yes I've lovingly worked on my latest Ishbel and completed it in time for my friend's birthday last weekend. Did I photograph it, doh slaps forehead, no foolish woman you didn't! There's something strange about the excitement of completing a present that blinds me to the flippin' obvious ie what about some nice photos for the blog and Ravelry? Ah well I will try and take some photos if I ever see her wearing it. As a knitter who has given a fibrey gift I do feel a tiny bit stalkerish looking out for those projects!

The Birthday Ishbel was knitted in Posh Yarn Sylvia in the Cotillion colourway and as I've said before this yarn was a complete dream to use. My first foray into merino/silk and certainly not the last. Although I sadly don't have any completed pictures and the shawl has moved on to its new lovely owner, here are a couple of pictures of that gorgeous yarn and colour:




I'm off to cast on for a test knit for the lovely Faye at Buttons and Beeswax now so I wish you all a wonderful day! For lots of other fibrey goodness please pop on over to Linda's place and Tami's place.

8 comments:

  1. I can't believe you have made 2 Ishbel and I am yet to CO my first! Rats. Its looks a lovely colour though. If its any consolation I've just bunged some bread in the oven without photographing it first, so one blog stage will be missing a picture :) Oh well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Scube I'm a naughty person, I still haven't made any bread! Sorry, this household has been totally consumed by work and revision lately, I promise I will get to it! I've made 3 Ishbels believe it or not, still nowhere near rivalling the Raveller who has made 42 Forest Canopy Shawls!!! x

      Delete
  2. I love taking pictures, but it takes time to set up things up and try to get the right lighting - since natural is so much better than the flash. If she's a good friend, maybe you can ask her to take a few shots for you? Anyway, I'm sure it's beautiful! Lucky you, testing Faye's new shrug. I really have to learn to knit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a real skill that I've yet to take to, whereas you on the other hand take some lovely pictures! What I might do is ask her daughter to take some for me. Go, go you can learn to knit, you taught yourself to crochet so there's nothing to stop you! x

      Delete
  3. Oh, NO! Perhaps, as a gesture of gratitude, you might be able to get some FO photos from the recipient. Have fun with the test knit; remember to photograph!! :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll certainly try. Yes test knit will definitely be photographed, I've given myself a good talking to! x

      Delete
  4. Thanks Ellie, they are gorgeous aren't they! x

    ReplyDelete