Sunday 10 February 2013

My new arrival!

She's here finally, my lovely new sewing machine! Well bless her she was new once, probably sometime around 1970, which frankly still makes her younger than me. I'm sure she'd appreciate a clean up and a bit of oil, again a bit like me as I'm sure a bit of sewing machine oil would do my creaky knees the world of good. She's obviously made of strong stuff as I could barely carry her into the house and up the stairs, portable machine she certainly will not be, but that's fine as the idea was to get a tough, all metal workhorse.



 

She's mighty lovely and I'm very pleased. Now just got to be brave enough to plunge in and start sewing. You know what this means don't you? Yes, more craft, more addiction, more stash! There I am trying hard to clear the stuff from my life and now I've just added more.....



6 comments:

  1. Yeah! these are great machines once they have been given some tlc :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear Yve, I'll try and do that x

      Delete
  2. Hehehe - now you have to have a fabric stash too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Problem is there's quite a bit here anyway, supposedly belonging to Fiona! I wonder if she'd notice any was missing when she comes back at Easter!!! x

      Delete
  3. Those old machines are fantastic! Enjoy her - can't wait to see what you make :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Libby, I'm so excited I hardly dare start! I have been and got some sewing machine oil so a bit of a spruce up comes first, then when I finally get rid of my migraine I can get going x

      Delete