Wednesday 6 March 2013

Bunnies and books...

A couple of years ago I knitted two Bunny Blanket Buddies for a friend's new baby and her slightly older brother. They were knit in Rowan Bamboo Tape which whilst to me was and is an awkward tape yarn, it is in fact lovely and soft for a baby cuddly toy. These bunnies went down a storm and became both in turn the constant companion of little Isobel. The family subsequently moved back to their native New Zealand and it's always wonderful to see their latest exploits and news on Facebook especially when Izzy is still carting around bunny. She's two now and absolutely gorgeous like her big brother, but I noticed an appeal last week on Facebook from her Dad and I quote...

"Dear Codicote friends, can someone please ask Tracy Rogers to help....rabbit (2 of 2) is on his last legs (not that he had legs to start with). Prospect of Isobel without rabbit is daunting..... "

How sweet! Of course I immediately sent a message back saying ok two balls of said yarn left which means two bunnies can be made. One now done and the other is two thirds through, so my challenge is to get them both ready to be posted off on Thursday to make the long journey to the other side of the world. Ah makes me feel all warm and fuzzy to provide a cuddle blanket for a little one growing up in this world :)



I finished 'Private' by James Patterson this week and although I made it to the end, enjoyable it was not. Didn't like the writing style, far to formulaic as i've said before and frankly I expected more from an author with that much practise, anyway you live and learn, moving on this week I'm reading 'Started Early, Took My Dog' by Kate Atkinson. I've read her previous Jackson Brodie novels and really enjoyed them, so I'm looking forward to getting my teeth into this one. Hop on over to Tami's place for lots of other WIP Wednesdays and to Ginny's place for crafting and great reads.


12 comments:

  1. I love the bunnies, I have knitted several and they always go down well. Love the way the head is constructed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, don't tell anyone but even my teenagers liked the ones I gave then for Christmas a couple of years ago! The head part is so clever and so simple x

      Delete
  2. Love the bunny and I love Kate Atkinson is that a new one of hers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think its from the beginning of 2011 actually, but been sat on my shelf waiting patiently for me. She has another book 'Life after life' due out this month x

      Delete
  3. The bunnies are so cute! You're so lucky to have your knits so well loved:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen. It doesn't always happen does it! x

      Delete
  4. How wonderful. To know the items were so welled loved and the new ones will be just as much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly my thoughts. Makes it so worthwhile x

      Delete
  5. Cute bunnies. Love the story of their predecessors too.
    Your reading sounds fun. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've never had my knitting pop up on the other side of the world so it absolutely delighted me! x

      Delete
  6. I had never heard of the bunny blanket buddies, so I headed straight over to Ravelry to check them out. They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they're so easy, a great little gift for a child x

      Delete